Something fresh for summer! We are expecting temperatures in the 90's for the weekend. So while the calendar doesn't say it's summer, the temperatures do!
Glad to have some new ideas to show you today!
You can see in the rooster image that there is some grain lines like you would get if you stamped with a carved wood image. Rustic and charming!
The new paper is amazing! There are several wood species represented and it is so realistic looking! I expect to be using this for many of my "man cards" in the future.
Plus, take a look at the sweet little "wood" crate that you can make with the paper and the wood crate framelit.
Some details for this card!
- Make a standard card base done in Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped with Real Red ink.
- Cut your paper into a 2" wide x 4" high piece. Because I used wood grain paper, I made sure my grain ran side to side for this card.
- The rooster is stamped in the same ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock with an accent of Real Red cardstock behind.
- The rooster is punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch and the accent with the 1 3/8" circle punch.
- The little banner is only 1/2" wide by 3 1/2" long in Whisper White to show contrast with the rooster embellishment.
- Add just a touch of the new copper trim. Sorry, it's one of those backorder items right now, but it will be available soon. Once you have it, you just need to pull and stretch it to get the look you want!
Use this basic information and you could duplicate the layout with any stamp set, ink, and paper you have on hand!
Remember, it's not about who has the most supplies, its about who uses the supplies they have!