I really love when the paper provides the WOW factor on cards!
I'm here to share a few of these types of cards today!
The paper is GORGEOUS! You're going to want more than one pack of it!
But, the paper can't be purchased!
Special Person Special Day
The paper in the Dainty Flower Paper Pack with the oval floral arrangements are some of my favorite pages in the pack.
You get two of these sheets and there are six ovals on each sheet.
So you can easily use them to make a dozen cards!
The paper layer with the oval is cut to be 3 3/4" x 5" and then layered over an accent layer that is 4" x 5 1/4" (Old Olive).
The card above has a Crushed Curry card base that is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", folded in half along the long side and then turned to be a left hinge card.
The card below was created by my stamping partner Cheryl.
When using a dark cardbase like this you'll want to add a neutral cardstock piece inside: (Basic White) - 5 1/4" x 4"
The differences are in the details!
The two cards shown above are similar, but when the details are added, they look different.
Both are beautiful and would be welcome for any occasion!
The top card uses a greeting tag using the Labels Aglow Dies.
Small flowers were stamped with Petal Pink ink from the same stamp set to add subtle accents to the card.
The card Cheryl created uses the versatile Double Oval Punch to create a greeting tag.
Simplicity with beauty rolled in one card!
The card above could NOT be any easier to put together.
It uses a large background paper piece from the Dainty Flowers paper pack.
There are two of these sheets in the pack as well, and when cut as shown above you can create 6 cards from each sheet.
That will allow you to add another dozen cards to your stash!
Make them up and then add the appropriate greetings when you have a need for the card!
Quick and easy!
Cutting & Scoring:
Cardbase - (Crushed Curry) 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" cardstock
Pretty Paper (Dainty Flowers) - Pattern 1: 4" x 5 1/4", Pattern 2: 4" x 1"
- Along the long side of the cardbase score at 4 1/4".
- Fold card in half for left hinge opening.
- Stamp a greeting inside the card first so you could refold the card if you have an issue stamping.
- Center and attach Pattern 1 piece on the front of the card, keep equal spacing on all sides.
- Adhere the Pattern 2 paper as an accent where desired (as shown approximately 1/4" up from the bottom).
- Stamp a greeting onto the white rectangle. Center and attach to the accent piece of cardstock.
- Attach stamped greeting piece over the accent paper using Dimensionals.
- Embellished as shown with Champagne Rhinestone Jewels and Brushed Brass Butterflies as desired.
There are a total of 12 pieces of 12" x 12" paper in the Dainty Flowers Paper Pack, so you'll be able to create several dozens of cards from just one pack!
Using these tips and techniques you'll be able to create beautiful cards quickly and easily using supplies you probably have on hand at home!